[mythtv] MythDialogBox memory management

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 09:32:50 UTC 2008

On Friday 15 August 2008 07:27:08 Nigel Pearson wrote:
> So, after poking around in mythscreenstack.cpp,
> am I right in assuming that things are deleted
> after they remove themselves from a stack?

Correct, all screens are deleted after PopScreen() so there is no need to do
it yourself.

> Are there times/reasons when thingies do need
> explicit memory management like I was attempting?

The only time it is necessary, is when screens are never added to the stack
because Create() fails. Note, we don't actually perform this deletion
anywhere yet. Create() should only fail if the theme is broken.

--
Stuart Morgan