[mythtv] Possible firewire node/channel bug in firewire_tester, also in mythtv?

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 04:43:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Nathan Blythe <nblythe at gmail.com> wrote:

> MythTV fails to talk to my STB; it can change channels no problem
> (which is interesting in and of itself, as the SA boxes are
> notoriously hard to change channels via FireWire, so says Google) but
> it fails to get a lock.  test-mpeg2, however, works flawlessly.  This
> leads me to think that MythTV is making the same mistake
> firewire_tester is making; assuming channel = node when in fact it
> does not in my situation.

For the record, I also have no problems changing channels, though found
test-mpeg2 to be significantly more reliable than MythTV P2P.  Now I use
broadcast for Myth recordings which seems to be more stable.  I'm using an
older (no HDMI, only DVI) Motorola HD cable box.

--
Dylan

Type faster. Use Dvorak:
http://dvzine.org