[mythtv] Win32-packager.pl error--problem with path?

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 30 15:07:05 UTC 2008

Bu

From: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of buzz
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:45 PM
To: Development of mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Win32-packager.pl error--problem with path?

This problem comes about from user-error during the post-install component of MSYS, which ask you to type in the path to your MinGW install.    It gives a sample path containing forward-slashes, and you've entered your mingw path with backslashes.

Maybe the packager should test for this?   it would be easy-enough.

Buzz-Did you see Andrei's answer?
I don't think I had the slashes backwards-at least they weren't backwards in the fstab file.
The cause of this problem was that the first slash was missing in the mingw path, i.e. fstab read c:Mingw /mingw and it should be c:/Mingw /mingw. I haven't had a chance to retest the MinGW install, but making the correction worked for me (as it did for Andrei).
Jon