[mythtv] XvMc-OpenGL and OpenGL-OSD

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 29 18:54:46 UTC 2008

On 04/29/2008 02:44 PM, Daniel and Mary-Beth Sherwood wrote:
> ***Q1*** Please can someone confirm that XvMCW doesn't support XvMC-OpenGL

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/202450#202450

Notice the name, "nVidia XvMC copy to texture extension".

> ***Q2*** What is the current state of this configuration?  Is it stable and working? or is this behaviour expected?

Pretty sure it's not really "supported" on 0.21 (which is--at least part
of the reason--why the packagers don't enable it).

> For the record, here are some other bits of configuration info:
>
> CPU:     PIII 866MHz

I'm pretty sure you're going to need a much bigger processor for it to
work properly.  IIRC, it's not even close to optimized.

See, also, http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4813 .

Mike