[mythtv] font char width on some osd lines

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Mon Apr 28 14:40:44 UTC 2008

>Cool.  So it's basically compensating for the "close enough" approach
>taken with:  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8030 (read commit

no that was for scaling the font so the height was consistent. It seems to
have been enhanced when split out into osd.cpp, etc.
however the fundamental asymetric h/v scaling didnt work properly in ttfont
class so it picked the best it had available, and most fonts only gave 1
choice, i.e. no narrow and wide alternatives (not that you should need them
with ttfs). I suspect if we look, the default font has at least the narrow
alternative charsets. not that I know much about freetype fonts so I am
guessing a bit.