[mythtv] font char width on some osd lines

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Mon Apr 28 14:40:44 UTC 2008

>Cool.  So it's basically compensating for the "close enough" approach
>taken with:  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8030 (read commit
>message).

no that was for scaling the font so the height was consistent. It seems to
have been enhanced when split out into osd.cpp, etc.
however the fundamental asymetric h/v scaling didnt work properly in ttfont
class so it picked the best it had available, and most fonts only gave 1
choice, i.e. no narrow and wide alternatives (not that you should need them
with ttfs). I suspect if we look, the default font has at least the narrow
alternative charsets. not that I know much about freetype fonts so I am
guessing a bit.

mark