[mythtv] font char width on some osd lines

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Sun Apr 27 10:12:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 11:54 +1000, Mark Spieth wrote:
> >just tried this and certainly for projectgreyhem-OSD is makes the
> >problem worse
> >this is on a gentoo system on an amd64 (not that i think that makes a
> >difference)
>
> give this a try. I think it works well.
> there is also an issue with font height increase if widescreen and display
> is widescreen when this shouldnt happen. not sure how to check for this case
> and not scale the font. i.e. only increase the font height if the height if
> the video window is shorter than the displays or if the aspect of the video
> is greater than that of the display.

just tried this. whoops for joy. this works! for the first time in so
very long i can read the OSD without trouble.

i tried the following OSDs to make sure. in most case if just went
through 4:3 and 16:9 and tried at least two fill modes. for some i
checked all. but it really seems to be fixed.

Retro, Titivillus, blootube-OSD, Blue, Default, Gray, Isthmus, Iulius,
MePo-wide, Metallurgy, projectgrayhem-OSD.

so it works for "official" as well as "user supplied" OSD themes.

for Retro i tried all fill modes. for Isthmus i tried all aspect ratios.
for projectgraphem-OSD i tried all combinations of both.

this was on a 16:10 display. will try later on a real 16:9 display.
i don't have a 4:3 to test it with

could this be applied to trunk?

thank you so much
--