[mythtv] mythgallery ken burns effect

joep joep at groovytunes.nl
Tue Apr 22 20:27:52 UTC 2008

Op Monday 21 April 2008 23:48:28 schreef Stuart Morgan:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 22:32:43 Paul Harrison wrote:
> > > joep wrote:
> > >
> > > I am going to create a new effect for the mythgallery slideshow.
> > > I noticed that the effect I want to create (ken burns) is on the
> > > wishlist from the wiki.
> >
> > Try the patch here:- http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5176
> >
> > If it works OK let us know so someone can commit  it:-)

Okay, tested the patch with the current trunk version and did 2 minor
adjustments to make it work.
Added the new version to the ticket.

> Ultimately I'm considering moving the transition effects to the GL painter
> and combining the two single view screens into one but that may not happen
> for a while.

Have you considered moving the effects to single files?
Imho the ultimate situation would be a real plug-in structure where users can
add pre compiled effects without recompiling their plugins.
Okay nevermind, that's probably way to much for a few simple transition
effects :-)