[mythtv] ReplayGain support for MythMusic

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Mon Apr 14 22:52:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:37:59AM -0400, Chris Hamilton wrote:
> >> We are focusing on getting 0.21 out the door right now,  so feature patches
> >> are taking a back seat. With luck 0.21 will be released in a week or two
> >> (circumstances allowing, so please give us leeway).
> >
> > Aha.  I didn't realize 0.21 was that close.  No problem.
> With 0.21 out the door, any chance of getting my preamp patch rolled in?
>  This will let me start working on the rest of the ReplayGain stuff.
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4804

If this patch is not ready for inclusion, please provide some feedback
on the ticket.

I am keenly interested in ReplayGain support for MythMusic. Just try
playing a Pink Floyd track next to a recent Red Hot Chili Peppers track
[1]. It is shocking the difference in dynamic range compression in the
two (that is if you aren't physically stunned by the volume).

1. All derogatory comments on my taste in music will be sent to
   /dev/null :P

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/