[mythtv] having problems with upnp on a netgear mp101

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Apr 8 12:48:47 UTC 2008

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 18:48 -0600, jm black wrote:
>>         >
>>         > as i don't have a 192.168.0.0 network here (it is
>>         195.7.61.0)
>>         > so whom is it notifying?
>>
>> I remember seeing something about UPNP and limiting it to certain
>> ranges, 192.168.xxx.xxx, 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, etc. You may want to verify
>> this is the issue you are seeing, the UPNP code not liking the subnet
>> you are running on. It would seem to match up with your logs and make
>> sense that it sees that its running on seemingly a public internet IP
>> and not wanting to serve on that network. I may be barking up the
>> wrong tree, I have not investigated this at all, but this may point
>> you in the right direction.
>
> interesting.
> my home net *is* a public internet (i have half a class C - being doing
> this ole internet stuff for quite a while now :-)). but there is a
> transparent bridging firewall between it and the rest of the internet.
> will have a look at the UPNP code to see what is going on
>
> regards and thanks for the info.
> --
> simon

No, I'm running on a 192.168.x.x network.  And just verified some of the
same problems on a PopCorn Hour box (another Syabas/SigmaDesig base
box).  One of the most annoying features is the album list.  I see the
1st album then the 2nd, then the 2nd over and over again.  It repeat
over 20 time.  My MP101 box would have never gotten that far as there is
also some sort of time out effecting both boxes.  Getting more data is
paramount to locking up the session between the Mythtv box and it's UPNP
clients. And I don't think I have ever been been able to play music
using the album menu on either client.

I know mythth UPNP is still under development.   But shouldn't we move
this thread to mythtv-users?

...thanks