[mythtv] mythtv 0.21 on armel architecture

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Sun Apr 6 08:56:40 UTC 2008

>> Some of the gcc flags like -fwritable-strings
>> -fdata-sections may help work around the bug?
>
> Should I just add these two flags to the
> QMAKE_CFLAGS_{RELEASE|DEBUG} variable in the .pro file?

Yes, that should get them on the command line,
though adding them into the top-level settings.pro
would be cleaner.

It is unlikely that they will actually fix the
compile error, though. I am just guessing.

>> Either change the optimisation for the whole directory:
>
> Will this have any negative impact on performance

A few percent, but a recording-only backend
will only really use the CPU for scheduling,
and that code is in another directory.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Now the world has gone to bed.
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | Darkness won't engulf my head.