[mythtv] ac3 audio problems 0.21-fixes (r16899)

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Fri Apr 4 19:29:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Mark Spieth <mark at digivation.com.au> wrote:
> > > Everything is working great with the upgrade to 0.21-fixes, except AC3
> > >  audio.  In an avi file or a DVD, the frontend log fills up with:

> > >  This only happens with files that have AC3 audio.  Everything else,
> > >  including live TV and pre-recorded shows works (MP2).  Anyone have any
> > >  ideas?  I'm seeing this on my various openSUSE frontends (10.0 through
> > > 10.3).
> > >  Thanks again for everyone's hard work.
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > I made some investigations on this exact same problem last weekend and
> > found the problem and the fix.
> > The buffering problem comes to the fact that the nuppelvideoplayer
> > expect audio not being more than 2s away from the video (value 2000 in
> > the code). It seems that this value is too small for some files
> > containing AC3 (especially in AVI files).
> >
> > To fix the problem, I had to increase this limit from 2000 to 4000 in
> > the nuppelvideoplayer.cpp file.
> >
> > Not that I'm knowing exactly what I'm doing here, but it fixed the
> > problem. Perhaps some knowledged devloppers can give some insight on
> > what the right value (tm) should be.
> >
> > I will provide you my patch when I get back home.
> >
> > Daniel
>
> please try the latest patch in 4764. this corrects this.
> there is also an associated mythmusic patch (if you use mythmusic)
>
> mark

Running the latest patch from #4764 had some issues (mythtv_ac3.54-v2.patch):

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
libs/libmyth/audiooutputbase.h.rej
libs/libmyth/audiooutputbase.cpp.rej

So I had to edit audiooutputbase.h and audiooutputbase.cpp manually,
but now it wont compile:

audiooutputbase.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int
AudioOutputBase::GetAudioBufferedTime() const’:
audiooutputbase.cpp:684: error: passing ‘const AudioOutputBase’ as
‘this’ argument of ‘virtual int
AudioOutputBase::GetAudiotime()’ discards qualifiers
make[2]: *** [audiooutputbase.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/mythtv/Documents/download/mythtv-0.21-fixes/mythtv/libs/libmyth'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmyth] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mythtv/Documents/download/mythtv-0.21-fixes/mythtv/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
mythtv at livingroom:~/Documents/download/mythtv-0.21-fixes/mythtv>