[mythtv] ac3 audio problems 0.21-fixes (r16899)

Daniel Chassot daniel.chassot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:08:30 UTC 2008

On 4/3/08, Khanh Tran <khanh at khanh.net> wrote:
> Everything is working great with the upgrade to 0.21-fixes, except AC3
>  audio.  In an avi file or a DVD, the frontend log fills up with:

>  This only happens with files that have AC3 audio.  Everything else,
>  including live TV and pre-recorded shows works (MP2).  Anyone have any
>  ideas?  I'm seeing this on my various openSUSE frontends (10.0 through 10.3).
>  Thanks again for everyone's hard work.

hello,

I made some investigations on this exact same problem last weekend and
found the problem and the fix.
The buffering problem comes to the fact that the nuppelvideoplayer
expect audio not being more than 2s away from the video (value 2000 in
the code). It seems that this value is too small for some files
containing AC3 (especially in AVI files).

To fix the problem, I had to increase this limit from 2000 to 4000 in
the nuppelvideoplayer.cpp file.

Not that I'm knowing exactly what I'm doing here, but it fixed the
problem. Perhaps some knowledged devloppers can give some insight on
what the right value (tm) should be.

I will provide you my patch when I get back home.

Daniel