[mythtv] mythtv 0.21 on armel architecture

Andreas Bach Aaen usenet at bachaaen.dk
Thu Apr 3 21:10:26 UTC 2008

Torsdag den 3. April 2008 skrev Rob Smith:
> 2008/4/3 Andreas Bach Aaen <usenet at bachaaen.dk>:
> >  libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp
> >  This file gives me an out-of memory when compiling. Either you
> > need HUGE amounts of ram or this is a compiler bug on gcc for
> > armel. If you compile it with -O1 instead of -O3 then it compiles
> > fine
>
> My compiling of myth on x86_64 typically peaks at 1.5 gigs of
> memory used. _______________________________________________

Well the box only has 128 MB of RAM and I have about the double as
swap. However this doesn't help for the
libs/libmythtv/mpeg/iso639.cpp file that end up in a gcc
inconsistency bug - NOT in out of memory. So I still need to be able
to compile at least this file with -O1 instead of -O3. How do you
specify this in the .pro makefiles?

I have searched for this - but only found other with the same problem.

Regards,
--