[mythtv] Backend Crash withoutr Segfault....

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Tue Apr 1 10:59:46 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 08:14:09 Jochen Kühner wrote:
> Since a while i have the problem that my backend crashes, but it is
> not segfaulting. That means when i look onto my server my backend is
> running, but mythfronend or mythweb could not connect to the backend.
> Since the qt4 branch mythfrontend is also crashing when it tryes to
> connect to the backend in this state (with the qt3 branch, it
> connected after a long time but i shows a empty recording list!).
> After a restart of the backend everything works fine!. But then after
> half an hour, same again... Any ideas wht this could be?

If it's running it has not crashed. It looks like it doesn't accept
incomming connections anymore. The frontend shouldn't crash in this
state but the frontend bt is missing. I suspect it crashes because of
the qt4 no connected database bug.

A friendly advice: please switch to 0.21-fixes. Trunk is at the moment
less stable as usual and some things still don't work. Having someone
who can't resolve easy compile errors alone running trunk and stumble
upon the problems is not really helping at this stage.

Janne