[mythtv] mpeg4 video doesn't start from the beginning

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Sat Sep 29 13:27:11 UTC 2007

I've transcoded DVB/mpeg2 recordings to xvid using nuvexport (and
transcode). Now when I play a video with myth, it does not start from
the beginning but maybe at position 12-15 seconds after the beginning of
the file.

I've tried to copy file from the server to local HD (and play it with
'mythtv') and generate seektable for the video file but these do not
change the situation. When video is playing I can skip back and see the
real beginning, it's just that mythtv does not start to play it from the
right position. When playing the file with e.g. mplayer it works correctly.

This issue is particularly annoying with music videos, you miss the
beginning of the video because of this.

I've attached -v playback log. Any suggestions how to debug this
further? I can probably arrange test file download if someone is
interested to check this out..
--
   Otto