[mythtv] mythfilldatabase/fillData() doesn't handle tv_grab_combiner well

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Sep 25 02:10:44 UTC 2007

* On Sat Sep 22, 2007 at 09:17:49PM +0200, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> I see that now. That would be the lines
>
>   if (currentChanCount < (prevChanCount * 0.90))
>   {
>     download_needed = true;
>   }
>
> ...which in my case wouldn't be triggered, since grabber 2 provides only two
> channels, and grabber 1 provides 13 ( floor(15 * 0.90) == 13 ).

That code is checked on a per-source basis, so unless you have two
grabbers putting data into the same source, then it should work ok
because on one source you'd have 13/13 and on the other you'd have 0/2.

> What is the reason for the 0.90? Bandwidth control for the data providers in
> case they happen to occasionally fail to provide data for one or two
> channels? Seems reasonable for the USA, where most people seem to have 100+
> channels or something... ;)

Putting 0.90 there was just an arbitrary limit.  I think I'm the one
that added that logic.  The code tries to make sure that we allow for
cases where some channels don't have data, but force a refresh if too
many don't.  It shouldn't be affecting you if you have 2 sources as
described.

--
Chris