[mythtv] Via XVMC problem after mythtv-vid merge

David Shay david at shay.net
Sat Sep 22 04:51:21 UTC 2007

I'm using SVN 14510 with a Via EX10000EG. Openchrome drivers.  All was
working fine before this last SVN upgrade (which was pre-mythtv-vid merge).
I went in and set up a new video profile, and to make things simple, created
one which just used Via XVMC all of the time. This box only watches MPEG2
recordings that are 720x480, so this should be fine.

Mythfrontend shows this error:

<datetime> VideoOutputXv: XvMC Adaptor Name: 'XV_SWOV'
Unable to create XvMC surface

CPU utilization then goes to about 96%.

Anything I did wrong here?  What other debugging info is needed?