[mythtv] Backend AutoDiscovery

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Fri Sep 14 14:19:46 UTC 2007

On 9/14/07, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:

> We've discussed the frontends having their own embedded database for storing
> frontend specific and caching some global settings, I think this would be
> preferred over a move to text based config files.

I would think a text file of some sort (though maybe not XML) would be
preferred over some sort of database, at least for the
frontend-specific settings. I've had on occasion had to change the
theme of a frontend manually because the selected theme was causing
issues and it would be a lot easier to just "vi config.xml" to fix
that.