[mythtv] Closed caption access in commercial flagger

Paul mythtv-dev at formagio.net
Wed Sep 12 01:42:58 UTC 2007

For a class (group) project i am doing this semester, we are going to
be building a machine learning based commercial detector, using
MythTv. As part of this i was hoping to gain access to the closed
caption text with the various shows, specifically the 708 captions as
I am using an hdhomerun. I have dug around in the code some, but can't
seem to figure out what the best way to access these would be as the
NuppelVideoPlayer provided to the commflagger seems to have the
ability to turn on and off the captions, but not gain access to them.
I have noticed that NuppelVideoPlayer does implement CC708Reader, but
still haven't been able to figure out how to use this to my advantage.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul