[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14461 by nigel

Doug Larrick doug at parkercat.org
Mon Sep 10 23:43:07 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> And I also want to fix OpenGL V-Sync locking,
> it uses an unprotected by X11S() glX call. Using an X11 lock
> for it would eliminate a lot of segfaults, but currently we
> spend too much time in there so if we apply the lock we end
> up not being able to decode video fast enough; we need to wait
> using another method first and only enter the glX vsync call
> just before we expect the vsync to happen. While we're at it
> we might also want to make the OpenGL V-Sync top and bottom
> field aware...

RTC might not be too bad, at least on a tickless system.  But I pity the
fool who tries to run a combined OpenGL/RTC vsync on a 100Hz-tick
system, especially w/o real-time scheduling.

Is top/bottom field actually available?? It was not when I wrote this code.

Any thoughts toward porting the video-out system to use Xcb, which is
thread-safe, instead of Xlib?

-Doug