[mythtv] is there any chance to include these changes ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 10 21:55:41 UTC 2007

On 09/10/2007 09:09 AM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 11:06 +0200, marek wrote:
>
>> last days in my free time I'm working on intergrating saa7134-empress
>> (saa6752hs) with other v4l2 controls (tuner, inputs etc) but with MPEG
>> output.- sth like ivtv-emulation (a big word...).
>> for now it basically works from mythfrontend (with some little issues) -
>> changing channels, volume etc, mpeg recording (saves lot of cpu power &
>> diskspace) but only with these simple changes :
>>
> Sure, but can you create a ticket at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/
> so it doesn't fall through the cracks?

As for the recording in MPEG format, I think Chris Pinkham
(Captain_Murdoch on IRC) has done some work (and has some unfinished
code, IIRC) that allows the same (and other formats, too).  If nothing
else, you might want to check with him to compare/contrast approaches.
(He's been busy lately, so you'll probably have to be a bit patient
trying to get some of his time.)

Mike