[mythtv] eBook reader plugin

Ron Burkey rburkey2005 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 5 21:03:04 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm new to this list, so forgive me if I'm covering old ground.

I have lately been wishing for an etext reader plugin for MythTV that
could be used (for example) for reading Project Gutenberg texts with
user-selectable fonts and character sizes.  An etext plugin would be
almost useless on TVs with CRTs, but having just recently acquired an
LCD HDTV, I now perceive that it would be very usable for large HDTVs.

I don't want to waste a lot of time and energy on this if there's
already a project like it underway.  I've googled and have searched the
mythtv-dev archives, but I don't see any mention of such a project.  Do
you know if anybody has been working on an etext plugin for myth?

Thanks!
Ron Burkey

P.S., if there are any suggestions as to what would be a useful feature
set, I'd be happy to hear them.