[mythtv] LiveTV recordings

Ahmed Toulan azazel11998 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 07:43:09 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about livetv recording. From what I have read when a user press the record "r" button the recording is toggled and a scheduled recording is started with end time to the nearest half hour, and of course the start of recording is recorded in the database. Of course this behavior causes the recording to be in chunks.

I got that information from here:
 http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LiveTV

What I really want to know, is there a way to configure mythtv  (without alterng the code) to do this recording in a single file?

If not I think that I will have to join all the recording files when the recording is off, or is there a better way?

Best Regards,
Ahmed Toulan.

that gives answers, not web links.