[mythtv] Building mythtv on iPhone?

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 22:47:21 UTC 2007

On 10/29/07, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > I know this is a longshot and probably long into the future, but it
> > should be possible to compile mythfrontend on an iPhone/iPod touch
> > right?
>
> I doubt it. Ignoring the toolset difficulties,
> there will probably not be enough RAM to run
> the frontend in (iPhone supposedly has 128MB)

i used to run mythfrontend on a laptop with 128MB so is this really a
show stopper?  granted i was decoding an sd stream from a pvr250
but...

> Accessing your MythWeb is much more plausible.

definitely, i've done this with a friends iphone.  sadly the current
browser doesn't support flash(?) or at least the one he was using
didn't.  i think the flash player would be the preferred way to use it
anyway if you're going over the internet and not on a local lan.