[mythtv] DVB-S with no SDT / NIT tables

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Oct 29 02:21:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, October 29, 2007 2:23 pm, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Bill Williamson wrote:

>>> If there are is no valid PAT/PMT, then it is not a valid MPEG2 TS
>>> (which are
>>> mandatory, not optional)
>>

>> While that's true, the fact is:
>> -Commercial (but non-propriatary) set top boxes pick up the channel
>> without issue
>> -Other linux based solutions pick up the channel without issue
>> -If this were happening in the US it'd be a "no brainer" fix
>
> With these solutions that you mentioned, one needs to explicitly tell the
> application
> about the only 2 PID's (Audio and Video) that is mentioned here.

Yes

> No PCR also ?

If the STB requires a PCR they usually just enter the Video PID.

> But it sounds quite weird that a TS is generated the way it is mentioned.

Yes it is a little odd. You occasionally see this on some DVB-S
transponders that are used for feeds.

I was hoping that there was some way to use the atscsrcid or some other
field in the channel table to force a/v pids. I'm open to other
suggestions in terms of producing a solution.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz