[mythtv] Firewire reliability with Motorola cablebox

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Fri Oct 26 16:18:10 UTC 2007

I've just upgraded to a very recent svn, with a firewire connection to a
DC(T/H)-3416. What is the current thinking on the best strategy for
reliability?

On older code I was using a script to change channels which invoked the
firewire tester to fix it if necessary. I know there was also a long
discussion about running a cron periodically to do a fix up.

Right now, I took out my channel change script and am letting myth do
the work. It seems to be generally ok, but I can get it into trouble it
doesn't recover from if I try. Don't know yet how reliable it will be
under a normal load.

Any thoughts on what the state of the art is on insuring reliability on
the firewire input?