[mythtv] Mythtv SVN ticket messages are being flagged as spam

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Mon Oct 15 00:03:18 UTC 2007

Justin Mason wrote:
> Tony Lill writes:
>
>> Sometime after Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:27:02 -0000, spamassassin started
>> flagging the messages coming out of the mythtv svn system as bounce
>> messages, near as I can tell because svn was upgraded from

>> and started adding an
>>
>> Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
>>
>> header line. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's being bitten by
>> this.
>>

> It's the latter header that's causing the problem -- you have the
> anti-bounce ruleset activated, and that header is used by that
> ruleset as an indication of a bounce.
>
> --j.

I'm glad you agree that the vbounce ruleset is broken. According to the
draft:

      .2 Semantics

This field indicates whether the message was sent with or
without explicit human control.

The auto-generated keyword:

SHOULD be used on messages generated by automatic (often
periodic) processes,
MUST NOT be used on manually generated messages,
MUST NOT be used on a message issued in direct response to
another message.

The auto-replied keyword:

SHOULD be used on messages sent in direct response to another
message,
MUST NOT be used on manually-generated messages,
MUST NOT be used on messages generated by automatic or
periodic processes.

So only

Auto-Submitted: auto-replied

should be considered a bounce message.