[mythtv] mythgallery IconView::HandleSubDirEscape

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Sun Oct 14 11:48:56 UTC 2007

Paul Harrison wrote:

>I fixed a problem in trunk with Escape handling in this changeset:-
>http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14240
>
>The change on line 764 was the fix.  You could try to make that same
>change in the fixes branch to see if it fixes the problem you are seeing.

It didn't help; turns out the problem is that I put symlinks in
/var/lib/mythtv to point to my picture repository.  This confuses
"is_subdir()" because it uses .canonicalPath() and the substring search
fails.

2007-10-14 07:28:36.663 is_subdir(/var/lib/mythtv/pictures,/p2/raid6/pictures/kids/applepicking_1999) -> 0
2007-10-14 07:28:36.663 HandleEscape() handled: 0

I have an existing repository on another machine...

If I change is_subdir() to use .absPath() then it works fine and I get the
pleasant navigational experience I want.

I don't know if that will break using a mounted device (which I assume is
a pen drive).  Seems like absPath() is the right thing, however.

-brad