[mythtv] ffmpeg sync

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Sat Oct 13 23:53:39 UTC 2007

Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
>
>> Please test and report any problems. Patches apply with -p2.
>>

> Janne
>
> Patches applied cleanly and compiled without problem.
>
> No obvious issues over a couple of hours of viewing.
>
> BBC-HD (DVB-S) is still problematic - it is clearly using both cores
> (Core2Duo E6600) but one is pegged at almost 100%, the other 60-80%
> and I get minor pauses every 3-4 seconds. Live tv is worse than
> recorded material.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

With a AMD X2 4600+ i get both cores regularly going to 90% load on
BBC-HD. Problem is that the video is not fluent though, lots of
micro-pauses. Its almost watchable....

Currently running a recording to test from a recording.

HD recorded from Film1-HD seems to run smoothly. A recording from HD-NL
(shadows final tour) is stuttering though, even with processor load of
both cores not going above 40%

Cheers,

Rudy