[mythtv] Building Apple Frontend

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Oct 11 01:42:59 UTC 2007

> Anyone built one from clean in the last few days as mine won't
> complaining about not being built with sse

Indeed. You are not alone, Tim.
I svn updated and get the same problem.

> now from memory the pentiumpro only had mmx, so I am guessing the
> detection logic has changed in the last 3 weeks as this was building
> with I think pentium4 specified as the march before?

Yes. It looks like some recent changes to configure
are causing this. Until I work out the best fix,
just try reverting that individual file. e.g.:

svn update -r14650 .osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/configure

> Doing a osx-packager --help I cannot see a way of specifying the
> march.

Not a command-line argument (not commonly used).
Around line 500 is a commented out --tune= line
that you could replace with a '--arch=pentium4'
or '--cpu=pentium4'

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| I've been talking to-
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | the ship's computer.