[mythtv] mythfilldatabase environment requirements

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Oct 3 10:47:57 UTC 2007

> On 10/3/07, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> I still can't find anything about getting the backend to fire off a
>> mythfilldatabase on demand to test it though. I'm hoping that the
>> addition
>> of PYTHONPATH will fix it. Reckon I'll find out in the morning :-(
>
> Just SSH in and SU to the user that mythtv runs as and run
> "mythfilldatabase".
>
> -C-

Can't do that - as stated in my original email, that user has no shell
(deliberately to prevent anyone ssh'ing in).

I can get the EPG loaded - I just want it to work the way it was designed
to, and not have to remember to hack it every day because some aspect is
poorly documented (like an environmental variable being required).

--
Robin Gilks