[mythtv] HAL and myth was "thoughts about the "mythtv sucks" comments... " was "video sources"
hendrixski at storsint.com
Thu Nov 29 21:26:29 UTC 2007
> The problem isn't that MythTV has dozens of developers waiting for good ideas
> to implement, it's the opposite, there are hundreds of ideas and tickets to
> be worked on but only a handful of people willing or able to spend their time
> working on it.
If the problem is that there are not enough core developers in Mythtv,
then what is being done to recruit and train new ones?
I browsed the website, SVN, and wiki, and I see no documentation about
"How to become a core dev". Not even a list of who the core devs are
nor tales of their heroic hacks. Is everyone listed in the AUTHORS file
still active? I would have assumed Mr. Dean was a core developer had it
not been mentioned above.
How to ask questions:
* Do your homework: google it, search archives from lists and forums
* Ask on the appropriate list or forum using a meaningful header
* Be precise, impersonal, to the point, state your goal, and say "please" and "thank you"
How to answer questions:
* Verify what they're asking about, turn bad questions into good ones
* Give information, ask if it answers their question. Rinse & Repeat
* Not all manuals are created equal! link to your favorite one and say "Read This Fine Manual"
More information about the mythtv-dev