[mythtv] [mythtv-dev] r14971 issues w/ CPU and remote

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Nov 29 01:44:15 UTC 2007

> I too had this exact problem: The cause was the new improved upnp
> code in
> 14964.  Rolling that changeset back (svn merge -c -14964
> http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv) fixed everything up.

Just committed a quick fix, which should rectify the CPU problem.

Not sure you mean by the "remote" issue.
Hopefully these are the same problem?

> Also, with verbose logging, I was getting some messages about upnp,
> even with
> the --noupnp switch, and the same CPU problem.  Is this option being
> respected with the new code?

There are two flags.

--noupnp  to prevent a backend from publishing
           itself on the network as a UPnP server, and

--disable-autodiscovery
which prevents the UPnP Backend Selection chooser window
from being displayed.

The latter flag does _not_ prevent UPnP autodiscovery.

Having your database on localhost, or a valid mysql.txt,
are meant to be the way to eliminate any UPnP searching
(but my skills don't seem to be matching my goals lately)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| $50 million worth of
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | hardware and you didn't