[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-users] Recordings Hanging?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Wed Nov 28 21:39:28 UTC 2007

Anyone know this?

Also -- is there a database specification anywhere?  My wife set a recording
group password on one of our frontends, and it's not happy :)

-Dave

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Recordings Hanging?
------------------------

From: *David Frascone* <dave at frascone.com>
Date: Nov 27, 2007 11:09 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

I noticed a few versions ago that my recordings were hanging.  In mythweb, I
could see tons of unfinished recordings, and mythtv refused to record any
more shows.  I had a new card to install, so I decided to upgrade to the
current svn, install the new card, and rebuild my cards / tuners again.  (I
also wanted to see if comcast hid any QAM-64 channels with the QAM-256 (they
didn't)).

Everything was happy.

Now -- I started getting hanging recordings again.  I restarted the
mythbackend, and everything was better.

So -- the questions:

1) Is anyone else experiencing this?

2) Is there a safe way to reboot (restart) mythbackend as a temporary work
around?

-Dave

--
David Frascone