[mythtv] Behaviour when entering LiveTV with a single tuner that is in use

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:10:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have been playing around with the latest SVN and noticed that the
very handy addition of a warning when trying to view Live TV while all
the tuners are in use does not occur if you only have a single tuner.
I assume this decision was made because if you do only have the one
tuner, there is only one recording possible to watch, and so it seems
as if there is no choice to be made. However, it is confusing because
no distinction is made in this case. It then seems reasonable to
attempt to change channels, which fails because you are watching a
recording rather than Live TV.

I would like to recommend that the check at line 126 of tv_play.cpp be
removed and the popup dialog be shown whether or not there is only one
recording in progress. Shall I open a ticket with a patch for this?

Cheers,
Robin