[mythtv] Mythweb OpenSearch function

Charlie Brej mythtv at brej.org
Tue Nov 27 22:16:20 UTC 2007

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Charlie Brej wrote:
>> Attached is a patch to allow mythweb to state it can be searched using
>> the
>> little quicksearch box in Firefox/ie7...
>> Like this: http://home.brej.org/test/myth_search_suggest1.png
>>
>> Secondly it suggests program titles as you type.
>> Like this: http://home.brej.org/test/myth_search_suggest2.png
>>
>> Should I also open it as a ticket or will sending here do?
> Definitely open a ticket.
>
> I tried the patch, and I get the search box to show up, but the
> predictive text doesn't seem to work. I am running Firefox 3 beta 1 on
> Linux as the browser.
>
> Tom

Could you run

tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log
and
tail -f /var/log/httpd/errors_log

in separate windows and try typing a couple things into the search box and see
if they cause httpd requests/errors or not.

Secondly could you manually look up
http://localhost/mythweb/tv/opensearch?type=suggest&search=a
(assuming you use localhost) and see if you get something like:
["something",["something else", "something more"]]