[mythtv] OpenGL vsync broken on Intel i945

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 15:26:35 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 08:59:42 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 23:09:26 +0000, Riz wrote:
> > As I understand it, the DRM method is the better method, as it access
> > the video card directly to sync to vertical refresh. Have a look at
> > the comments in libs/libmythtv/vsync.h
> >
> > Unselecting "Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing" in Playback
> > options should use the DRM method, if it is available. You should have
>
> When I unselect it, I have tearing video. That's why I want to select

For the records: I think the tearing video is caused by the fallback to
USleep. DRM doesn't work because of driver restrictions, RTC doesn't
work because of missing permissions (does the frontend has to run with
root permissions to use RTC?). I'll try a patched intel driver that
provides vblank even in 2D mode.

Regards,
Tino