[mythtv] OpenGL vsync broken on Intel i945

Riz mythtv at woox.net
Thu Nov 22 23:09:26 UTC 2007

As I understand it, the DRM method is the better method, as it access
the video card directly to sync to vertical refresh. Have a look at
the comments in libs/libmythtv/vsync.h

Unselecting "Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing" in Playback
options should use the DRM method, if it is available. You should have
a look at mythfrontend logs to see what method is used.

Also the problem with the Intel drivers (at least on my system), is
that the overlay for Xv is on the second adaptor, the first being
textured video. Myth uses the first by default (as do most programs).

Using the patch should force myth to select the "better" adapter,
solving the sync issues (hopefully).