[mythtv] OSX Compile fails on has_altivec ld error

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Wed Nov 21 05:26:24 UTC 2007

Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> 	'--disable-opengl-video',
>>         '--disable-opengl-vsync',
>>

> Thanks. I have disabled those in configure. You can
> probably take them out of your osx-packager.pl now.

I remember you said that, but I was still getting the glx.h not found
errors today on a fresh build.   I had to add those to get rid of it.  I
posted my config.h config.mak and others, but it got stuck with the
moderator.  I'll send them to you offline.
>> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>> av_register_all()

>> avcodec_find_decoder(CodecID)
>> av_free(void*)
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [libmythmusic.dylib] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [sub-mythmusic] Error 2
>> make: *** [sub-mythmusic] Error 2
>>

> I haven't been able to build libogg on my 10.3 PPC setup,
> and get other compile problems in mythmusic on 10.4 Intel,
> so haven't had any luck with this. For now, maybe just add
> '--disable-mythmusic'
> to the mythplugin conf arguments?

I'll do that.   I'll actually change the -plugins ALL in my build script
to everything but mythmusic.   I update everything every night for the
SVN builds on the snider pad and whatever I change in the
osx-packager.pl script will get overwritten the next time I pull down
SVN.