[mythtv] OSX Compile fails on has_altivec ld error

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Wed Nov 21 01:31:18 UTC 2007

David Snider wrote:

>>> grrr...   So, same error.   I tried running configure myself to get
>>> the
>>> output in the root of the mythtv folder.
>>>

>> Sensible, although osx-packager.pl runs configure with
>> some environemnt variables, and extra args to configure.
>>
>> Doing osx-packager.pl as normal will generate the files
>> that you need in the root of the mythtv folder. e.g.:
>> .osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/config.{h,mak}
>>
>> Best thing would be to compare our configure output.
>> Mail me/us these files.
>>

> So, I'm sent another reply, but it is being held for moderation.
> Apparently, the email was a bit too big with the configure attachments.
> Anyway, I edited the OSX-Packager.
>
>   'mythtv'
>
>   =>  [
>
>         '--prefix=' . $PREFIX,
>
>         '--disable-opengl-video',
>
>         '--disable-opengl-vsync',
>
>         # To "cross compile" something for a lesser Mac:
>
>         #'--tune=G3',
>
>         #'--disable-altivec',
>
>       ],
>
> );
>

> I got past the GL errors, but now I'm hung up in MythMusic.
>
> rm -f libmythmusic.dylib
>
> g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-search_paths_first -flat_namespace -undefined error -bundle -o libmythmusic.dylib cdrip.o decoder.o flacdecoder.o flacencoder.o maddecoder.o main.o mainvisual.o metadata.o playbackbox.o playlist.o streaminput.o encoder.o dbcheck.o synaesthesia.o treecheckitem.o vorbisdecoder.o lameencoder.o vorbisencoder.o visualize.o bumpscope.o globalsettings.o databasebox.o genres.o metaio.o metaiotaglib.o vcedit.o metaiooggvorbiscomment.o metaioflacvorbiscomment.o metaioavfcomment.o filters.o goom_core.o graphic.o tentacle3d.o ifs.o ifs_display.o lines.o surf3d.o zoom_filter_mmx.o zoom_filter_xmmx.o mythgoom.o avfdecoder.o editmetadata.o smartplaylist.o search.o treebuilders.o importmusic.o directoryfinder.o filescanner.o libvisualplugin.o cddecoder-darwin.o moc_cdrip.o moc_databasebox.o moc_mainvisual.o moc_metadata.o moc_playbackbox.o moc_streaminput.o moc_globalsettings.o moc_editmetadata.o moc_smartplaylist.o moc_search.o moc_importmusic.o moc_directoryfinder.o  -L/nobackup/myth/.osx-packager/build/lib -L/usr/lib -L/nobackup/myth/.osx-packager/build/lib -L/sw/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -Wl,-framework,Cocoa -lmad -ltag -logg -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -lFLAC -lmp3lame -lmyth-0.20 -lmythui-0.20 -lmythavutil-0.20 -lmythavcodec-0.20 -lmythavformat-0.20 -lqt-mt -framework OpenGL -framework AGL
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>
> av_register_all()
>
> av_open_input_file(AVFormatContext**, char const*, AVInputFormat*, int, AVFormatParameters*)
>
> av_close_input_file(AVFormatContext*)
>
> av_estimate_timings(AVFormatContext*, long long)
>
> av_find_stream_info(AVFormatContext*)
>
> av_mallocz(unsigned int)
>
> av_read_play(AVFormatContext*)
>
> avcodec_open(AVCodecContext*, AVCodec*)

> [...]
Here's the output of configure on mythplugins:

[osx-pkg] ./configure --prefix=/nobackup/myth/.osx-packager/build --enable-opengl --disable-mythbrowser --disable-transcode --enable-mythgallery --enable-exif --enable-new-exif --disable-mythgame --disable-mythphone --disable-mythzoneminder

Configuration settings:

        MythArchive    plugin will be built
        MythBrowser    plugin will not be built
        MythControls   plugin will be built
        MythFlix       plugin will be built
        MythGallery    plugin will be built
        MythGame       plugin will not be built
        MythMusic      plugin will be built
        MythNews       plugin will be built
        MythPhone      plugin will not be built
        MythVideo      plugin will be built
        MythWeather    plugin will be built
        MythZoneMinder plugin will not be built
        MythMovies     plugin will be built
        DVD creation   support will be included in MythArchive
        Native Archive support will be included in MythArchive
        OpenGL         support will be included in MythGallery
        EXIF           support will be included in MythGallery
        OpenGL         support will be included in MythMusic
        libvisual      support will not be included in MythMusic
        FFTW           support will not be included in MythMusic
        SDL            support will be included in MythMusic
        AAC            support will not be included in MythMusic

[osx-pkg] Running qmake for mythplugins