[mythtv] More (Newb) questions (proposals)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Nov 13 15:22:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 00:15 -0800, Bruce McKenzie wrote:
> Well, I just submitted my first ticket (with patch). (He hates these
> cans TOO!)

Thanks

BTW It's a good idea to mention your ticket number whenever you mention
a ticket, if you had I would have looked at your ticket which increases
its chances of being committed sooner.

> I noticed some minor discrepancies while browsing the code, and I am
> wondering if Those Who Be would be receptive to patches addressing them:
>
> 1) some tabs in files
>
> 2) PlayList vs. (more common) Playlist, both in code and in messages
>
> 3) "rerecord" vs. "re-record" (capped and uncapped) in UI
>
> 4) files after running 'lupdate' shows many diffs from trunk, indicating
> that translations are out of sync/missing
>
> These are pretty minor, but cleaning them up will improve the quality.
>
> I would be happy to submit patches for them if there's a chance that
> they'll be used. No prob if not.

Just make a separate patch for each of these problems and put them in
a single ticket with a description like "cleanup". Then drop me a note
about the ticket and I'll take a look.

> What's the process for "joining" the (dev) community, beyond subscribing
> to the lists? I'm interested in learning more by addressing small things
> first.

Join this list (and the commits list), and then fix problems and create
tickets for them (assuming there isn't already a ticket). If the patches
don't require a lot of post-processing by the person committing them
you'll eventually be given direct commit access.

If you get tired of fixing bugs, there is a list of feature requests
here:  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist

-- Daniel