[mythtv] One STB connected to Firewire and TV card. Need to force mythtv to record one at a time

Darwin O'Connor doconnor at reamined.on.ca
Thu Nov 8 19:08:51 UTC 2007

I have a sa3258HD digital box connected to my computer via both Firewire
and SVideo to my old ATI TV Wonder card.

I use Rogers Cable in Canada and many channels are blocked from using
the Firewire port, and I can't complain or they turn Firewire back off.

I've got things set up to record the channels I can via Firewire and the
rest with the TV Card. The problem is that myth thinks they are two
separate sources and tries to record both at the same time, but it can't
because they are both connected to the same box tuned to one channel.

I've looked into the code, and I tried to change
Scheduler::FindNextConflict by commenting out the

         if (p->cardid != 0 && p->cardid != q->cardid)
            continue;

         if (p->inputid == q->inputid && p->shareable)
            continue;

lines, so it would treat all programs as conflicting even if they are on
a different cardid or inputid.

However it didn't work, because it appears that most of the time
FindNextConflict is called, it only looks for programs schedules on the
same card, as in

         RecList &cardlist = cardlistmap[q->cardid];
         RecIter k = cardlist.begin();
         if (FindNextConflict(cardlist, q, k))

Am I understanding this right?

If so, why does FindNextConflict have a check for "p->cardid !=
q->cardid" when it is always false?

Would to way around this to ignore the RecIter &j parameter and add a
loop to check all the cards?

Also, is there a way to prevent mythbackend from changing the channel
when it starts up? When using a STB it causes all kinds of problems and
doesn't help anything.

Darwin O'Connor
Toronto, Canada