[mythtv] Controlling the DCT2000 series STB

Worldnet onley at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 7 00:55:54 UTC 2007

> Worldnet wrote:
>> Actually the various scripts such as the serial cable code for the
>> DCT2000 boxes already support all the functions of the remote. Lookat
>> the remote.h in the source directory and you can see what issupported.
>> With IRblaster all you need to do is include the buttonsyou need in the
>> .conf fileThis would work well but my question is number 3. I can alter
>> the scriptsto send the commands but how do you query the backend to see
>> which tuneryou are watching?If you can help me with #3 I would be more
>> than happy to send my notesas they might apply to your situation.
> I'm not clear as to why you care which tuner you are watching. What you
> wantis for all the keypresses to go through, not just the number ones.
> "YOU"(the mythtv watcher) don't care which tuner it is going to, as long
> as mythtvknows which tuner is which, and sends the appropriate key press
> codes tothe appropriate Serial port via the proper script instance,
> which should equateto the tuner instance you are using for LiveTV. Or am
> I missing something?

No, you've hit the nail on the head. I just don't know how to get Myth to
send
anything other than the channel numbers. Actually the DCT2000 serial
application
includes all the remote buttons (if you look at the remote.h file in the
source
folder you can see all the button lables supported) but since Myth handles
the
channel change internally I don't know how to get it to send the other
commands.
I had thought I had a work around by using dummy channels and adding a case
construct to the DCT app to intercept the dummy channels and change them to
the codes that I wanted and it worked beautifully until I wanted 2
consecutive
downs. Myth doesn't send the channel to the tuner if it is already on the
requested channel.

If there is a way to send commands other than channel numbers through the
external tuner mechanism that would be fantastic but I don't see it. I
would
love for someone to tell me I'm blind and that it's already there, just do
this.