[mythtv] MythTV and PulseAudio

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 2 01:06:27 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 19:07 -0600, Wade Berrier wrote:
>> Any update on getting the patch from
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3598 committed?
>>
>> With Fedora 8 shipping soon with pulse enabled by default, more and
>> more people are going to want this fix.
>>
>> Any objections? (several people have verified the fix)
>
> Thanks for the contribution. I've applied the patch.
>
> -- Daniel

I'll hitch onto this thread to ask the opposite sort of question. Does
anyone know how to *remove* pulse and go back to using alsa?

I have my old Via SP13000 as a server at work running Fedora 8rc2 and it
will not play any audio...

I would like to use it as a remote music player...

Meanwhile the Asus mb in the mythbox is fine withh pulse....

Geoff