[mythtv] Out of tree compile

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Nov 1 10:41:17 UTC 2007

> On 10/31/2007 07:23 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:
>>> Does the current SVN HEAD support out of tree compilation?
>> No. There is an old patch which used to add this:
>> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1295
> Or, see http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3568 and
> http://directory.fsf.org/project/lndir/ for another possibility.
> Mike

Thanks for the ideas - I'm using the simple solution of accessing the
sources as different users (and mount --bind to get them in a useable
place) and using ccache. Each build cycle starts with a 'make distclean'
and the objects get populated from the ccache cache for that particular

Seems to work OK!! but I'll be looking at the other methods.

Robin Gilks