[mythtv] having problems with upnp on a netgear mp101

Daniel Burr dburr at virginbroadband.com.au
Thu Nov 1 00:16:02 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 22:08 +0000, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> my mp101 (which used to work) is now saying unsupported format when i
> try to play any music. it used to work.
>
> so i turned on logging for upnp and see almost not messages.
> i see some initialisation stuff at the start; but nothing when the mp101
> connects to my backend.

I found the problem that I was having.  In MythXML::GetMusic(),
sBasePath had no value which caused the QFile::exists test to fail and
return a 404 error.  The reason for this was that I had a setting for
MusicLocation with my FE hostname but not with my BE hostname.  However,
uPnP used to work for you so you're probably not having the same
problem.

I found that "tcpdump -X ether host <hostname>" was helpful to determine
what was failing.  Can you see any 404 errors being returned?

DB