[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Wed May 23 15:09:54 UTC 2007

On 23/05/07, Maryau Jeune <maryau at mailbound.net> wrote:

> > personally, not really feeling the huge image of the "cyborg"
> ...I think you have a point, actually.  I was looking at it and thinking
> that it a) isn't techie enough compared to the effect real 3D would have
> given and b) takes away more than it adds.
>
> More comments welcome. :)

Sorry but I agree with the comment on the cyborg as well. I think that at
the moment your page 'advertises' MythTV, rather than informs people about
it (e.g. 'Now introducing...', instead of 'Just released...'). I don't know
which you are aiming for, but I think maybe some of the eye-candy needs
turning down a little, just to remove that 'We've just invented this and are
trying to push the sales up' feel of it. Don't get me wrong, I like the
style a lot, just I think that it doesn't quite fit MythTV.

Basically I think that if you removed some of the embossing, and replaced
the human with something a little less 'in your face', it'd suit MythTV
better.

Good work though, wish I could desige/think of something like that...

James