[mythtv] gmyth livetv transcode support

Melunko melunko at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:21:14 UTC 2007

Hi Matt, sure.

gmyth svn:  https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gmyth/trunk

To play livetv with gmyth is very simple:

- Compile and install gmyth (dpkg-buildpackage works)
- Run:
    $ gmyth-cat -h hostname -p 6543 -c chan_num | mplayer -nocache -

 where hostname is the mythtv backend address. If it freezes, try -cache
1000.

- You can list the channels available:
    $ gmyth-ls -h hostname -p 6543 -u mythtv -w mythtv -c

We are writing a tutorial about how to use gmyth-stream, but if gmyth-cat
works fine, livetv transcode will be fine as well.

BR,
Melunko