[mythtv] RFC: Delete protection from within Myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 14 17:07:20 UTC 2007

On 05/14/2007 11:18 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> Mark Buechler wrote:
>
>> Sounds like an excellent idea. I, for one, am tired of people deleting
>> my recordings.
> Sounds like somebody needs to pickup last years SoC project
> to make mythtv multi user aware.

And, I think that would apply as, perhaps, a better approach for Roo,
too.  With the multi-user approach, rather than "can't delete" flag that
anyone can change, files could be protected according to MythTV user
permissions (thereby allowing a "root" or "admin" user to have final say
over the matter), some users could be restricted from deleting anything,
others could be allowed to delete from their own personal view of the
available recordings, but without affecting other users...  It leaves a
lot of possibilities (which were discussed on the list during the SoC
project).

Mike