[mythtv] RFC: Delete protection from within Myth
roo.watt at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:09:12 UTC 2007
I find that I am accumulating more and more music specials in my
"Watch Recording" screen. I want to keep these recordings handy and
have thought about how best to do it.
Enhancement: Delete protection from within Myth
- Add a field to the database (recordedprogram table I think) called
"nodelete", this would be a bool to indicate that the recorded program
is not to be deleted (strangely enough). If this field is missing or
false then deleting is allowed.
- In watch recording screen, when displaying the
PlaybackBox::showActionPopup, grey out (make unavailable) the "Delete"
option if the nodelete bool is true, or provide feedback to user
- Also grey out the delete options on the popup in the delete recordings screen.
- Add menu items to the "Storage Options" to toggle the nodelete flag
for a recording.
- Update mythweb to honour the nodelete flag.
Any thoughts if this is the "right way" to implement delete protection
and whether it could make it into trunk.
More information about the mythtv-dev